I spent my weekend working on Frolic. So many pieces, so many times I was ready to quit. There are about 3400 pieces, a bunch of extras were made because it made the instructions easier to give/follow. There are 25 whole blocks and 14 half blocks and 4 quarter blocks. On point settings with sashing to make up the secondary design. Wow, this quilt has A LOT going on. I am pleased with how my scrappy approach to the stars turned out. Due to a bit of over zealous chain piecing, I had to make them mixed. I matched the tones so from far enough away they look like solid stars. I wasn’t going to un-sew all those pieces. I am going to do the saw tooth borders, looking at the Quiltville Facebook posts, many people aren’t doing Bonnies style borders.
This photo popped up on the FB site for what to do with the extra pieces. This quilter made a backing with them. I think I may do a small quilt, or maybe pillow shams.
Today I want to finish up the top and go do some work on the Feathered Star quilt. This weekend I also finished knitting all of the pieces of the Oak Cardigan, and got them blocked. Hoping to get them sewn together and then get knitting on the collar and button bands. I was all excited to start a new knitting project, but then I realized that I needed to do the collar and bands. Once the base row is on, it’s pretty mindless knitting, no cables or counting.
Linking up with Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday today.