Or 2020. I’ve been busy this past week. In my spare time I’ve been scrolling blogs and admiring the to-to lists, the UFO lists, the best of lists, the must do lists, and the recaps. Lists, lists and more lists. I think I did a list post a week or so ago, 2020 Aspirations yep. Then I started sewing the four baby quilts, the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, the Live Simply quilt and Mrs. Millers Apprentice.
I got the baby girl quilts quilted, there were two, as one of the babies turned out to be a boy, and I had already made a “girl colored” top. I was able to fit two across on the long arm and quilt them together. Just to make it interesting, I used two different pantos, daisies and hearts & bubbles. The blue quilts are on the frame, waiting to make/finish one more top.
My Frolic pieces are coming together, the sneaky 1/1/20 clue threw a wrench into my keeping up routine. I have been trying to make 10 sets a day (40 Geese) which is manageable, but I have not started Clue 7 yet. There seems to be a lot of sets of 41, so I’m thinking 41 blocks. But she always has a pieced border, or maybe she’s doing medallion style this year? Usually she does on point settings, although Good Fortune wasn’t, was it?Soon we’ll know.
The Live Simply, the amish inspired/colored quilt is webbed and the borders are pieced. It’s hanging on the design wall, not too pretty at the moment. I’m auditioning quilting pattens in my head. Thinking all over feathers, or feathers to go in the cabins.
Last on the to-do list is Mrs. Miller, I am upset with myself about this top. I was so careful in putting it together, it’s an on point setting with HST’s setting squares in a diamond pattern. I did misplace one, near the center, but otherwise everything was going the right direction and in the right place. Then I noticed the blue triangles were made from two different fabrics. They are the same shades, but one has flowers and the other has
dingle berries cherries. These are not where they are supposed to be, there is an inner diamond of one type and an outer diamond of the other. There were many expletives uttered when I held up the top for a look. I webbed this top, so I unstitched all the columns and now I’m going to lay it out and remove/replace any blocks not in their right row/spot. Needless to say the missus is in timeout for a while.
That wraps up week one of this year, only 51 more to go.