I finally finished the quilting on “Sew She Did” yesterday morning. I had a quilting marathon this past weekend I think I clocked 10 or more hours. Yesterday I did a final check of the quilt before unpinning it from the frame, and found a few places I had missed. I brought it in to the sewing room and squared it up and got ready to bind it. Then, for some reason, I felt that I needed to check the registration form, and there I saw that it was due the 27th, not the 28th. Oh NO! But Oh Good! at the same time. I came up with a plan. I sewed the binding on to the front and was going to glue baste it to the back. This way I could take the two photos I needed and then finish the binding and hanging sleeve at leisure. The glue thing was a fiasco, first, this quilt has two layers of batting, cotton with wool on top. Second, I cut my binding to fit tightly, and the glue couldn’t hold it to the backing well enough. So I pinned it, with many pins. I set up my quilt rack and got the pictures and filled out the form and sent it in (digitally). By 4:30pm I was done. I really though I would have finished this quilt last week and had an early-ish entry, but the stars weren’t aligned for me this year. Between a vacation, a house guest and even a day without electricity, time was not on my side. I started this quilt on June 24th, and semi finished August 26th, nine weeks. I wish I could get paid by the hour😏
Just have to wait until 9/9 to hear back if I’m in for PIQF 2019.
I have a new deadline to meet October 19th. I agreed to donate a quilt for a Lions Club auction to benefit veterans. I am going to make Judy Martins “Free Spirit Melody” from her Star Power quilts collection on EQ8. It’s red white and blue, doesn’t look too tedious, and thankfully I can do a panto on it, no more custom quilting for a bit. I need to recover from “Sew She Did”. Fabric is ordered and I’m ready to get started, after a quick vacation – insert eye roll -.