I have been working on a behind the scenes project that I can’t show until September. It is a challenge, and I would like to blog about it, so I can remember all the good points and work arounds I figured out while making it. Maybe I’ll make a draft and keep adding to it until September.
I have also been working on the Bright and Shiny wreath embroidery. It has become my relaxing project. Although the metallic thread is a pain to work with, I need to figure out a better way to work with it. Shorter lengths seem to help, but I am really questioning the use of two strands. One strand is a bit easier, less tangling and twisting, but I have already done a bunch with two. I could rip those out, but maybe a combo of the two would look okay too.
The fabric that I ordered came in last Friday, for the Alaska quilt. Blue and white shades of batik, twice the amount called for in the pattern. I am adding two more rounds to this quilt to make it grow from 72″ square to 100″ square. I am working it out in EQ8, and it looks pretty good, the picture below right is sort of like what I want to do. I’m itching to start cutting this out and doing some mindless sewing/piecing.
Earlier today I finished the quilting on the Christmas pines quilt I have been working on. There were nine rows of pantographs that took 80 minutes a row. I wish there was a calculator that could look at a Pantos and tell you how long it will take to stitch out. It couldn’t be that hard, my embroidery machine does it. It’ll tell you how long the total piece will take to stitch at what ever speed you choose. Plus how long for each color stop. I have to find the binding fabric, I put it somewhere so as not to lose it, yeah, that didn’t work.
Trying to decide what to put on the frame next, do I want another end-to-end Pantograph, or do I want to break out the new rulers I got earlier this year. Or I just bought a huge whole cloth design from Karlee Porter, which might be a learning opportunity.