All my projects that were waiting for parts and pieces were started or done this week. Fabrics came in, quilts were quilted, yarn came to stay and patterns were downloaded. The little bear was shipped out to his new home, far away in Africa.
I was able to piece these three quilts for up coming births and such. I used my Accuquilt to cut all the 3 1/2 ” triangles and that quilt (center picture) went together really fast. The other two are from a pattern called Tumbling Blocks by Its Sew Emma. This pattern works up quickly, you only need six fat quarters and about two yards of background fabric. I think the second one (the pink one) took me about five hours total, with ironing. Two of these will get minky backings and one a cotton backing that has yet to be decided. After the past two quilts I have done, I am ready for some simple edge to edge quilting.
I also finished quilting the Daydreams quilt and made the binding for it. That will get sewn on today, I hope. It’s pretty warm today, and the thought of quilt wrestling isn’t very appealing right now.
My Wick shawl from The Shawl Society lll is coming along, its simple garter stitch, but the yarn colors make it pretty. I’m about 40 % done. I think I’m going to take it with me on my trip next weekend, there will be lots of plane time. The new sock pattern for the Sock society was released today, it’s called Honey Bee Dance. I have to find a yarn to use, the pattern calls for a pretty caramel colored cashmere. I don’t think I have anything like that in my stash, but you never know.
I did get my entry for PIQF on the frame and started quilting it today. It’s moving along too. I have about three more weeks to finish it, I think I’ll be done sooner.
Linking up with Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday today.