I’ve been quilting on my Gardeners Alphabet quilt for the past week or so. I’m using Superior Threads Micro Quilter for the first time. It is a very fine thread #100, and it is providing just enough texture to the linen backgrounds of this quilt. Each block was hand colored and stitched by me, about two years ago. The top sat for a while because I just didn’t know what I wanted to quilt on it. I felt I couldn’t just sew a pantograph over the hand stitching after all that work I put into it. In 2015, I saw a finished one hanging at PIQF, I took lots of inspiration photos.
I did a little more pinterest research too, there aren’t many pictures of finished quilts out there. Even on Meg Hawkey’s “your spin on it” pinterest board there are only one or two. I knew I wanted to sew feathers on the block borders, I was going to sew large ric-rak over them, but I think I like the feathers better. I am trying to sew a different back ground pattern into each block. Each day I spend on it, I have to push my creativity, it’s good exercise for me.
On my design wall this week are two small quilts that I put together from left over scraps and a charm pack.
This one is from the left over scraps from the Piccadilly and Small Piccadilly quilts, (see this post 2 From 1 Continued ). The line is called “Pure Bred”, I thought it would make a nice baby quilt for a friend of mine who is a horse lover.
This Baby quilt was made from a charm pack and some yardage. It’s from the Moda line “Darling Little Dickens” I couldn’t resist the bunnies and sheep. Of the three babies being born to friends this year, only one is confirmed as a boy. I need to come up with two more boy quilts to be safe. 😉
Linking up today with Judy for Design Wall Monday over at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts today.