This past week I got my 1930 Farmer’s Wife blocks sashed and put together. I used 97 of the 99, as the layout I made worked out that way. One of the two, I didn’t particularly like, it was a simple nine patch. I think the other one will go on the back. Each of the quilt blocks took an average of an hour to foundation paper piece. These 6 inch finished blocks were interesting to make, as each one is different, and some more intricate than others. A few have over eighty pieces, yes, 80. I can’t decide on the borders. I thought one 8 inch wide in the green would be nice, but then I thought about an inner border of assorted 2″ squares (more scraps of 1930’s fabric). The center part measures 68 ½ by 78, with the addition of the two borders it would finish at around 78 X 98, queen beds are 60 X 80 that would give it a nice side drop.
I am leaving on a vacation today, and won’t be able to finish it until I get back. It will stay on my design wall for a bit longer.
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday today.