Tuesday I sat down and sewed the next two Farmer’s Wife blocks, Sylvia (95) and Tirzah (96). As I was putting them away, I thought I may as well pull out the next two blocks, Tracy (97) and Viola (98) and choose the fabrics for them. This left one more block, the one called “Widow”. How could I leave that one all alone in the bin? I ended up starting all three Wednesday night and finishing them Thursday. I’m finished with these.
Coincidentally, my first name is Tracy, and my horses name is Viola. I guess we are a couple of old fashioned girls. Here is a glamour shot of my beautiful mare:
Wow. It’s quite a stack of fun too. I figure that most of the blocks took about an hour to make, and not more than an eighth of a yard of fabric. At 6 ½ by 6 ½ they aren’t very large, but together, all 99 of them, they will be a pretty nice quilt.
On to the sashing. I am going with apple green and corner squares of 30’s fabrics. Different from how the quilt’s designer has them on point with thick sashing. I’d really like to use up more of the fabric I have collected for this quilt, most pieces are less than a fat quarter. I’ll probably use them to extend the backing. So happy to have these finished.
One thought on “Farmers Wife Blocks”
Gorgeous blocks, it’s going to be a stunning quilt!
Comments are closed.