I was sewing this week, mostly blocks and borders, finished a quilt top and got some pieces together on my medallion quilt. The two blocks from Farmers wife were Carolina and Caroline, I really like Carolina, it went together well using paper foundation piecing. Others in the QAL were complaining about Y-seams, but I was able to manipulate the pieces so that I just put my needle down and then gently pulled the seam to realign it. These were very slight angles, which made it easy, I doubt that I could have done it if it had been a 90 degree turn.
I am making a pieced border for the Storm at Sea top I completed this fall. It needed something. These are 3 inch finished HSTs, pretty simple but I think the effect will be nice. Sort of a cable/rope around the SAS blocks. Thankfully I have plenty of red and white solids left.
The Coxcomb Medallion Quilt is coming together also. I was able to sew the next few rounds together. I have to add a bunch more blue appliqué circles, but it is coming together. It could use a good pressing, but I was feeling a bit lazy.
Lastly, I made up this top with a bunch of charm packs from an Sandy Klop American Jane/Moda line called “Savonneire”. While at PIQF this year I stopped by her booth and saw this coordinating border fabric from the line. There was just enough to go around the top. The top is made of a block called 3D bow tie. A fun way to use up a charm pack or three. Here are instructions on how to make it up Generations Quilt Patterns
Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt starts next week. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to make it this year or not. I have lots of fabrics in her chosen color way, it might be nice. I am still not sure I like the one from last year, but I have to remind myself to step out of my comfort zone of color every once in a while.