Last year I made “Berties Year” as a BOM using the Woolies line of flannels from Maywood. I had a lot of left over pieces, as every month I received at least a 10 x 10 inch piece of fabric for each color used in that block. Plus, I ordered a few extra yards of the dark brown houndstooth for extra borders or backing, I forget which. I have yet to quilt the top, but it is finished. I think it will be too heavy as a quilt for around here, more of a wall hanging. I may experiment with a bit of trapunto. I was thinking of just using muslin for a backing and a light poly batt, or no batting.
Anyway I had a lot of scraps left over and no plans for a quilt. Then I saw one on Pinterest, Jacob’s ladder, done in flannel with appliqué flowers on the borders. I started cutting squares and HST’s from the colored scraps, I think it is going to end up being 60″ x 84″, 36 twelve inch blocks. I need to cut all the brown squares and HST, that will get done this weekend. Along with two more 1930s Farmers wife blocks, Belle and Betty.
The postcard Cuties are coming along, only 2 and a half more blocks to go. Then on to the scalloped borders.
I started quilting the Rock Candy quilt, trying to create some three D effects, like a prism, to give it some life. I got one border done, but we have a house guest, so no more sewing on it until Wednesday.