I finished my Amish with a Twist ll today. I started it as a BOM in the beginning of 2013 and steadily worked on it month by month. Then it sat in the TBQ drawer for a few months while I thought about quilting designs. I ended up using some Panto’s for the borders and some purchased pounce stencils. I made my own chalk stencils out of thin paper by drawing out the design then piercing the lines with a large size needle. It worked pretty well, enough so there is continuity between the design repeats and sizes. I used a bunch of different templates and rulers too. A few of my favorite blocks:
I used Warm and Natural cotton batting and a pretty print called Ambrosia, by Blank Quilting, on the back. Threads include Kimono silk for the outer borders, and center feathers, light grey Magnifico for most of the quilting, some variegated green poly thread, with Bottom line in the bobbin. This is also one of the last quilts I did on my Tin Lizzie.