Phew. I feel like I accomplished something. I finished the center on Wednesday and added the borders over the weekend.
I had a small mishap while sewing the last curved seam. I pinned the seam together with a pin every inch or so, to keep the curve, match the points and intersections. As I neared the center, carefully pulling pins as I got to them, I dropped one right into one of the screw holes to the right of the needle. It was as if it got sucked right in. I immediately stopped sewing, needle up, foot up and turned the machine off. After pulling the bobbin and case out I still couldn’t see it. I then tried, gently, leaning the machine forward and back, but still nothing. Well, it was early enough in the day that I could bring it over to my dealer. Thankfully the tech was there and he was able to take the free-arm cover off and retrieve the pin. They said it probably wouldn’t have hurt anything, but I wasn’t taking any chances. Back home I went to finish the seam. But, before I started sewing I put a small sticky dot over the hole, just in case.
Next project up is “Postcards from Sweden” a free pattern from Robert Kaufman. http://www.robertkaufman.com/quilting/quilts_patterns/postcards_from_sweden/
The Kona fabrics came in the post Thursday, yay! I got the 5 inch wide rolls, so cutting squares was simple, then I cut them into triangles. The difficult part was laying them all out on the table in proper sequence, there are 36 different colors. The pattern was a graph/map with numbers and such. I managed to get lost only once, but I found using a sticky note on the graph to keep my place helped. Also laying out all my triangles, in a box, in numerical order, helped too. This is a quick quilt top to make, once you get it all laid out. Just 180 5″ HST.