The Bargello Batik Quilt. I think it took me less than three weeks to make, quilt and bind this project. Took time off for RD2CA and to find fabric I had run out of. Used four different colors of thread, thin poly batt and a batik backing. Hope she likes it, it was the only pattern she wanted. Used the 97D foot with the guide, for speed piecing the strips, most corners matched up well, but the pinked strips from moda were annoying. Used Sparrow and Sonoma strip sets and yardage from stash, plus some left overs from Smokey ridge and Fast Forward quilts.
Also made a quilt for Bev, no pictures though. I started out make “Enigma” by pressed for time patterns in the Guatemalan fabric pack I bought from Pricilla Bianchi a few years ago. It was just too dark and chaotic, so I made use of another fat quarter pack of Celestial design. Used “Flim Flam” pattern, came out much nicer and just as quickly. Got some gold-ish border fabric at Eddies and minkee backing. No batting, and used King tut on top and bottom line. Only a little stretched, not really noticeable. Remember to load minkee with selvedges perpendicular to poles.
Still working on BOMs. January pack got lost in the mail. I prepped the last two Gardeners Alphabet, but have not sewn them. Not too sure I still like Rubies, the fabric choices are meh. I really want to finish El Camino. Now that “the longest seed stitch scarf in the world” is done, I can do more hand work. Got the “Just takes two” pattern. May wait on that until Sara has a Moda solids sale. I’m thinking blue and cream as opposed to red and white. I should get Berties year together, thats this weeks project, yup. Also debating on when to move frame back to cottage. Flooring project starts on 23rd, two weeks.